Skin Care Resolutions for the New Year!
With the holidays behind us, it’s time to gear up for the new year, the one time of year we put pen to paper to outline all our resolutions. While losing weight and saving money may top your list this year, don’t forget about your skin. Here are some quick and easy resolutions your skin will love in 2012.
1. Protect Your Skin From The Sun Everyday Make a commitment to protect your skin from UV damage.
Wear sunscreen under your makeup or purchase makeup that has at least SPF 15. If you don’t know what’s right for your skin type, ask your doctor or our staff at Versailles Medical Spa, what they recommend. UV damage can cause premature wrinkles and sun spots. By protecting your skin from harmful UV rays, you will continue to look more youthful throughout the new year!
2. Throw Away Outdated Skincare Products Make-up that hasn’t been used in a while and outdated skincare products may be hosting bacteria which leads to unwanted breakouts.
Open the medicine cabinet and empty your make-up bag and if you haven’t touched a skincare product or piece of makeup in a few months it’s time to say goodbye. Trust us, your skin will thank you later.
3. Sleep Without Make-up Not removing your make-up is one of the worst don’ts when it comes to your skincare routine.
Makeup clogs pours and can leave your complexion looking dull. Wash, tone and moisturize your skin every night before bed this year.
4. Exfoliate This is the step most people skip during their skincare routine.
5. Manage Stress Stress affects your health and over time can cause over-production of oil and inflammation, ultimately resulting in bad skin.
Relieve stress this year by taking a walk, going to a yoga class or taking up a hobby. You will stay happier, your health will improve and it will be reflected on the outside. Don’t forget, we have many services and products here at Versailles Medical Spa that can aid in bringing back, or keeping up your beautiful healthy skin.Facial Treatments in Darien Skin Care Treatments in Darien